Friday, June 27, 2008

SM is like high school!

I'm in a foul mood. Not for the whole day. Just now. Now! So, the bitchy bitch is in da house.

This post is potentially offensive but do I care? No, I don't give a damn.

Sometimes, social media (using the term rather loosely here) platform is like high school. There's the exclusive club (with all the cheerleaders) and then there's the others. How mature.

And the people who are in the exclusive club are people who are always going on and on about how social media is all about breaking down barriers, connecting people, adding value and basically, bring world peace. Haa. My very flat ass is laughing here. Been ironic, much?

There they are going on and on about how social media is the be all and end all (or whatever that phrase is) and there they are building up the freaking barriers, forming their little exclusive club and probably thinking that SM is really about what they have said. Probably telling themselves that, "Yes! SM is about connecting people! Look at these new friends I have made! They are like me!Look at my followers!". Freaks.

If you observe Plurk or Twitter, you will realized that there's these few people who do not comment on posts that is not posted by their friends. Why?! Why?! Is it because they are always meepok posts? Posts about mundane stuff? Whine-like posts?

NO! NO! NO!

Conversely, when one of the members of the exclusive group writes a post, these few people will flood to comment, have their own private jokes and generally, behave like it's the best post in the world! When in actual fact, these people may just be writing a meepok-pok (i.e. very meepok) post like, "My nail broke!".

Like seriously? What's going here? Double standards? Exclusive club? Dis-connecting people?

I don't know. I really don't know how to describe the exact situation to you. How frustrated I feel.

Sometimes, I hate Plurksville, Twitterville and all forms of SM so much that I just want to shut them out.

But sometimes, it provides such good entertainment and there's always nice people like rinaz, hangzilla, nadnut and etc!

URGH!

Post about booty calls buddy coming up.

Edit: @iantimothy said that someone will snigger and call me a sourgrape. ooohh. that's so hurtful. NOT! pfft. Go back to your exclusive club *boo!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gahhhh my entry got 'ated' up. was just thinking about the exact same thing before i went to bed last night. hit the nail SPOT ON!

shans(: said...

yeah! it's good to know that someone feels the same way as me!(: