Friday, May 23, 2008

What happened in the lift.

Last week, after the first day of work, I went back home as usual.

The lift came and I saw an Indian pushing a bicycle and running towards the lift. So I held the door open and waited for him. The bicycle was so huge that I was practically plastered to the lift walls. Eww.

Anyways, once the lift door closed, the Indian asked me some really personal questions. Like, "Did you just come back from work?", "Where do you work?", "What time do you start work?", "What time do you go to work?" and "How do you go to work?".

The first two questions were okay. Because I'm used to being asked by random "strangers" who knows that I am the daughter of the Econ uncle. So yeah. I answered the first two questions but after that, I tried to skim over the questions but he kept asking and asking and asking. The same question over and over again.

I was pretty freaked out! But luckily, the lift door opened and I was able to escape! *phew*

But that's not all! This Indian now pushes his bicycle past my dad's shop everyday and will stop outside the shop. Look in, smile and wave at me!

Okay, maybe he is just being friendly. But isn't it kind of too friendly?

And the worse thing is, this guy lives on the sixth floor! It's where the lift stops! So I am bound to walk pass his house on my way home everyday:S

I can't wait for the LUP (Lift Upgrading Project) to finish so I don't have to walk pass his house. And I know this sounds mean but I can't wait for my dad's shop to close because when it closes, I don't have to pretend and be nice to random strangers.

Note: I am not being racist okay? If it's an ang-moh/Chinese doing the same thing, I'll be freaked out too!

No comments: