Monday, May 19, 2008

Baking Experiment 2 - Cookies(:

Yes! I baked again(:

The brother unit asked why I am so into baking these days. Well.. I need to pick up a hobby so that I will stop feeling pathetic? Kind of(:

That aside. I went to NTUC and spent 15 minutes picking out what I want to bake on Friday. Initially, I thought I should bake oatmeal cookie but that sounded risky. Then I saw they have ready-mix for Sultana Cake!! But I thought that was too adventurous, so in the end, I bought this!


So yups(: I was quite surprised that this mixture don't need milk! It's just melted butter and egg!

And I am proud to announce that I break (broke?) the egg ALL BY MYSELF! *claps* I am so proud of myself! So anyways, stirring the mixture was a bitch. I didn't have a whisk so I used a wooden spatula and in the end, I got blisters on my hands:(

(Click to enlarge)

Anyways, here's how the cookies look like before entering the oven -

I burnt my 1st batch because I thought the cookies must be hard before I can take them out. So I left them in the oven for over 30 minutes!!! What an idiot!

My 2nd batch tasted like muffins because they were way too soft.

3rd batch was still too soft.

When I was about to put in the 4th batch, the brother unit told me to lower the temperature and increased the time.

And VIOLA! It was a success!

By then, the brother unit and I have probably tasted over 10 unqualified cookies or so each-.-

So all together, I have like 6 batch of cookies! Here they are !


Whees~ I am probably on a chocolate high now(I am so going to regret it later on). That will explain why I sound so hyper in my post.

I am going to poison scotchey on Tuesday after work! (:

Anyways, I would like to thank the brother unit for being my lab rat today! Even though he called me an idiot for not experimenting with the temperature and baking time-.- Heh.

Ohwells. Huishan, over and out!

No comments: