Monday, May 12, 2008

My Baking Experiment(:

I have been going on and on and on about wanting to bake since the start of 2007. But every time I set aside a day to bake, I fall seriously sick. So I thought I was "cursed".

But! I finally baked on Friday!

I baked this -

Okay, I guess it can't really be considered as baking since I didn't do it from scratch. The whole flour, butter, sugar and all. But I have to start somewhere right? Take this as a practice to see if I know how to use the oven.

I was screaming when I cracked the eggs-.- My mum was laughing all the way. WHAT?!

Here's a step-by-step pictures!

I mixed the flour, eggs, oil and milk like there's no tomorrow!

The rinsed blueberries!(:

First batch all ready for the oven!

I had only one tray so I had to split the muffins into many different batches! And I forgot to buy those paper cups so I had to smear lots of butter at the bottom-.- And I have to wash the tray after every batch! I hate the smell of detergent but I did it in the end! (: Next time, I am going to get those paper cups!

Waiting in anticipation! *fingers crossed*

First baked was over baked and burnt! 烧焦了!!

I cut out the burnt top and stacked them up!
The bottom was still edible! But really ugly! Look!

The second batch came out not too badly.
But I had to cut out some burnt part.

The third batch was much prettier!
The mother came home just when I put this batch into the oven.
Both of us stood in front of the oven and stared at the muffins.
Determined that they turn out better than the last two batch-.-

Ber's birthday presents(:
(Mostly from the third batch of muffins)

The rest are for family consumption(: *yums*

So yups(: Huishan can bake!!!! Hees.

I am going to try cookies next. Ready mix as well. And after that, I am seriously going to start from scratch.

I have been getting quite housewife-y these days. I even asked my mum, "Maaaaa, want me to help you fry an egg? Tofus? Cut vegetables?" and my mum refused profusely because she knows I am hopeless! *laughs*

To deter me from going near the stove, she has left the oven out in the kitchen and constantly remind me that baking is much more fun. Erm...

My brother was scoffing when he realised I didn't bake from scratch. He went, "I made a pizza from scratch!" and then proceed to stuff a muffin into his mouth.

Heh! BLEH! I will win you someday! Wahahaa.

No comments: