Sunday, May 18, 2008

Internship at PA - Week One(:

*zoom zoom* And the first week of intern is over!

I feel that I am very underutilized at my workplace. I am doing some stuff and mini-projects but I am not learning anything new. AND! I end up teaching my colleagues some stuff about blogs and photoshop. Oh wells.

While everyone complain about being over utilized and over loaded with information, I am feeling jealous! I would rather be overworked!

With that said, my colleagues are pretty nice people. Mostly above 40. And they are really funny. Interaction between them and me is still kept to a minimum but that is improving gradually(: I love my supervisor too!

I managed to change my work hours from 8.30 to 8am. Which means I end work at 5.30 instead of 6. Not too bad. Especially since I need to give tuition on some days. It also mean that I can spend more time in the shop since we have only one month more to go before bidding it goodbye for good.

On the first day, I wore formal skirt, long sleeve blouse and heels. WAAAAAAYYY over dressed. I'm serious. When I stepped into the conference room, everyone stared at me like I am some weirdo. *sigh* My clothes are more business-formal? My colleagues' dressing are not as formal as mine! Hmmm.

On the second day of work, my supervisor told me that all interns are allowed to wear casual wear (read: jeans and t-shirt) to work! Whees~ Music to my ears! So for the rest of the week, I wore jeans and racer-back! BLISS!

Here's some random picture:

As usual, I have my favorite girls on my access card holder(:

Utterly bored.

On a rainy day.
My colleague went, "Is it raining indoors?!" and another went, "So cute!"-.-

This traffic still have the old button!
You have to press with your finger and not your fist/palm/fingers.

My first goodie bag from one of their our events!

The little clips found in the goodie bag.

Fresh milk is getting cuter! I love the cow!!

Yups. As the weeks go by, I hope to learn more? Perhaps more about how the SPOs work scope and how they go about doing their stuff. Hopefully. But I really doubt I will?

Anyways, I am looking for a winter internship (year-end internship), so if you know of any, let me know ok? I need to learn more than what my current one is teaching.

Because this is the second time I am working in a government board!

No comments: